THE VISION OF VISAGE
Visage-1 founder Joanna Petite-Frere is an award-winning makeup artist and photographer. She believes inspired makeup artistry and photography can be very beneficial to people whether selling a product, supporting a charity, changing perceptions, or just helping someone feel better about themselves.
“Makeup can bring out a person’s unique and individual beauty,” she says. “so that they can embrace their own beauty.” While photography, she says, “can bring to life even your most fantastic visions.”
Her passion results in flawless makeup and photographic creations for a diverse clientele, ranging from local bridal parties to major advertisers to well-known celebrities, including Cicely Tyson and Blair Underwood. Says one client, “she is extremely professional and can make anyone look like a flawless beauty.”
Other reviewers declare, “her talent is like no other in the industry,” “five stars aren’t enough to rate this incredible makeup artist,” “Joanna has a sophisticated eye for aesthetics,” and that she is “hardworking, professional, and a pleasure to be around.”
A graduate of Massachusetts College of Art, she trained professionally at some of the world’s leading cosmetics companies. Over a 17-year career, she has developed her gifted sense of color and texture into a well-honed craft. Today, you see her work just about everywhere: television, magazine editorial, popular blogs, album covers, billboards, print ads, and even fashion runways.
Ms. Petit-Frere is also a makeup instructor, motivational speaker, and has launched her own line of makeup. Still, she finds time to be a devoted wife and mother.; it keeps her grounded.
Models and fashion designers portfolios, Magazines, ads, clothing, catalogs, Cd’s, weddings, couples, family portraits, children and events.
Professional Make up Artistry:
Fashion shows, photo shoots, models, promotional events, commercials, weddings, films, videos, proms and special events
• 2012 Boston Fashion Awards - Best Makeup Artist
• 2013 Boston FAB Awards - Best Photographer of The Year
• Cicely L. Tyson - An American actress. Tyson was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, and the Golden Globe Award, nominated for eleven Primetime Emmy Awards, winning three. In 2011, she appeared in the film The Help, for which she received awards for her ensemble work as Constantine from the BFCA and SAG Awards and she has an additional four SAG Award nominations. She starred on Broadway in The Trip to Bountiful as Carrie Watts, for which she won the Tony Award, Outer Critics Award, and Drama Desk Award for Best Actress in a Play.
• Blair Underwood - An American television, film, and stage actor and director. He played headstrong attorney Jonathan Rollins on the NBC legal drama L.A. Law for seven years and a Golden Globe nominee.
• David & Lyn Talbert - Directors of Fox Searchlight Pictures Movie "Baggage Claim"
• Angela Simmons - Philanthropist and stars in the Reality Television program Growing Up Hip Hop, which she executive produces and stars in with Romeo Miller. Daughter of former Run–D.M.C. rapper and hip-hop music pioneer Joseph Simmons, also known as Rev Run.
• Elle Varner- RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment
• Devyn Abdullah - Winner of OXYGEN Network's "The Face."
• Melyssa Ford- Model and Actress of VH1 Reality Show - "Blood Sweat & Tears"
• Kenny Lattimore - American R&B singer
• Jade Cole - an American fashion and print model and appeared on Cycle 6 of America's Next Top Model.
• Bianca Golden - an American fashion and print model and appeared on Cycle 9 of America's Next Top Model.
• Aminat Ayinde - was a contestant and runner up during Cycle 12 of ANTM.
• Tiwa Savage - is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, recording artist, performer, and actress. She is currently signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing and Mavin Records.
• Claire Sulmers - The founder of the blog The Fashion Bomb, a daily destination for the multicultural fashionista. With 2.4 million monthly visitors, The Fashion Bomb made Ebony Magazine's 2011 Power 100 List. Claire was named Black Blogger of the Month by Black Enterprise, and was dubbed Blogger of the Moment by Teen Vogue.
• Natasha Eubanks- The founder of the blog www.TheYbf.com a African American gossip blog/website that focuses on African Americans in Hollywood. Theybf.com, which is an abbreviation for the Young, Black and Fabulous, was launched in July 2005 by Natasha Eubanks.
• Jerod Mayo - All-Pro linebacker for the New England Patriots.
• Daniel Beaty - An award-winning actor, singer, writer, and composer. Beaty is known for his blend of music, movement, and words in such original works as Emergency and Through The Night.
• Desiree Rogers - Cheif Executive of Johnson Publishing Company
• VH1's Jacqueline "Doll" DaFonseca cast member Real Chance Of Love 2
• Ashlee Feldman cast member of MTV's Real World: New Orleans 2.
• Bianca Wilfork - Wife of American football defensive tackle for the New England Patriots of the National Football League & Co - Chair of The Dimock Center’s 27th Annual Steppin’ Out
• Chantal Mayo - Owner of Salon 6, hairstylist, model and actress and wife of American football linebacker for the New England Patriots of the National Football League, Jerod Mayo.
• Vashonda Murphy - Co-Chair of The Dimock Center’s 27th Annual Steppin’ Out and Wife of Kyle cornerback for the New England Patriots, Kyle Arrington.
• Cecelia Chung - Co-Chair of The Dimock Center’s 27th Annual Steppin’ Out and wife of football safety for the New England Patriots of the National Football League, Patrick Christopher Chung.
• Monica Cost - Host of the " Monica Cost Show." & Personal and Professional Pathfinder who delivers authentic solutions for individuals and organizations through consulting, workshop facilitation, brand development and keynote addresses.
• Shea Rose - An American singer-songwriter, soul, rock, and hip-hop artist from Boston, Massachusetts. And Boston Music Awards "Artist of the Year" 2012.
Editoral & Published Work:
• Marie Claire Magazine • Town & Country Magazine • Boston Common Magazine • Tory Burch Blog • Improper Bostonian Magazine • Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide Magazine • Profiles 98 Magazine • VIBE Magazine - Vibe Vixen.com • Zen Magazine Africa • Black Hair Magazine • Style Me Pretty • Boston Magazine • Hip Hop Weekly Magazine • Boston Globe • Performer Magazine • Elegant Magazine • COUP Magazine • Lip Gloss Magazine • RollinOut.com Magazine • CVS Pharmacy • UCE Magazine • STUFF at Night Magazine • Mid West Hair Magazine • PC Connections Photography Catalog
COSMETIC LINES JOANNA WORKED FOR:
• Lancome Cosmetics • Fashion Fair Cosmetics • Chanel Cosmetics • Maybelline Cosmetics • Bobbi Brown Cosmetics • NARS Cosmetics • MAC Cosmetics • Trish McEvoy Cosmtics • Laura Mericer Cosmetics • Christian DiorCosmetics • Estee Lauder • FRESH Cosmetics